The 8th Annual Balsall Common Fun Run is Licensed by UK Athletics (Licence Number: 2021 - 41516) and is taking place on Sunday 19 September 2021.
The Fun Run will start and finish at The Heart of England School, Balsall Common, Solihull CV7 7FW. Participants can choose to take part in either of the 5KM or 10KM events.
Our slogan is Walk | Jog | Run | Race and we welcome people of all ages and abilities for the Mini Runs, Junior 5KM, Family 5KM and Adult 5KM & 10KM events. The Balsall Common Fun Run 2021 is held in association with Balsall Common Run Club (England Athletics Affiliated Club). The 10KM run is open to affiliated runners as part of the Warwickshire Road Race League 2021.
THE WARWICKSHIRE ROAD RACE DOES NOT PREVENT NON-AFFILIATED RUNNERS FROM TAKING PART IN EITHER THE 5KM OR 10KM FUN RUNS.
(We are offering affiliated runners discounts in the 5KM and 10KM events)
Terms and Conditions for all entries to The Balsall Common Fun Run 2021
*It is very important that you read all the following terms and conditions before entering*
- For the safety and enjoyment of all, a maximum of 2000 entries across all categories will be accepted in 2021.
- Registration will end when either the maximum number of entries has been received or on Wednesday 15 September 2021 at 6pm; whichever is soonest [no online entries will be accepted after 6.00pm on 15 September 2021]
- A limited number of entries will be accepted on the day of the Balsall Common Fun Run. However, the organisers may not be able to provide a timing chip.
- Entries will be accepted on a first to register, first to run or walk basis.
- Please note once your registration is accepted, your entry is not transferable to another entrant. [In exceptional circumstances and at the discretion of the Event Director, your place may be transferred to another entrant of the equivalent category and a charge of £5 will be administered before the transfer of details are undertaken].
- If your on-line entry is accepted, the entry fee for adults 5KM and 10KM is £16.00 | Affiliated Club Runners 5KM & 10KM is £14.00 | Junior 5KM is £10.00 | Family (2 adults and up to 3 children) 5KM ONLY is £35.00 | Mini Fun Runs [with a T-Shirt] is £6.
- The Family 5KM Category is designed to enable children under the age of 11 on the day of the Fun Run to run with and be supported by members of their family.
- Mini Fun Run entries on Fun Run day will be accepted but WILL NOT include a T-Shirt. On the day entries will cost £5 for all Mini Fun Runners.
- All entry fees are non-refundable.
- Mini Runs start from 11.00am.
- The Junior, Family and Adult 5KM and 10KM runs start at 12noon.
- If you are an affiliated club runner you will receive a discount for the 5KM & 10KM race! You must provide your Athletics registration number when entering. This will be checked against the England Athletics database after your entry has been received.
- All Junior runners must be between 11 and 15 years old on the day of the Fun Run to enter the 5KM Junior Run Category.
- Entries for the Mini Fun Run with a T-Shirt will close on Friday 11 September 2020 at 6.00pm to enable the organisers to process your T-Shirt order.
- T-Shirt orders will be available for collection on the day of the Fun Run. More information will be provided in your event information pack that will be emailed prior to the event.
- You will be emailed an official receipt once your on-line registration has been accepted.
- Your event information pack will be emailed to you before the Fun Run and no later than 15 September 2021. If you do not receive this by 17 September please email the organisers at BCFR2021@lilymaefoundation.org;. Please do not request this information any earlier than this date.
- Your official entry number & timing chip will be available for collection from 9.30am on Fun Run day. Details will be sent within your event information pack on how to collect.
- On-line applications for the Mini runs and Junior runners & all entrants under the age of 18 must be completed by an adult. In doing so, that adult accepts full responsibility for payment of the entry.
- In completing your registration, you confirm that you are medically fit to participate in either the 5KM or 10KM event.
- On safety grounds, all Junior entrants [Under the age of 16] – without exception – must assemble and start from the Junior/Family Assembly area at the start line. Marshals will guide you to this zone on the day.
- Adults who wish to start with Juniors may assemble and start with them in the Junior/Family Assembly area.
- All participants and spectators may be filmed, photographed or recorded for broadcast, security and health and safety purposes.
- You enter the Balsall Common Fun Run entirely at your own risk and the organisers will not be held responsible for any injuries sustained by you or for any property lost before, during or after the event.
- Remember that you can nominate a charity, voluntary organisation or community interest group to receive the money you raise in sponsorship.
- Whilst The Lily Mae Foundation organises the Balsall Common Fun Run, you do not have to raise money for the Foundation. If you choose to raise money for the Foundation you can download a sponsor form from www.lilymaefoundation.org
- You agree to support and pay all sponsor money raised by you offline, to your nominated charity, voluntary organisation or community interest group.
- All on-line fundraising through Virgin Money Giving or JustGiving will go directly to your nominated charity's bank account.
Data Protection & Photographs
- Entering the event requires your personal details. The Lily Mae Foundation will not pass this information on to any third party.
- When entering, you agree to your email address being added to our email database which is used exclusively by us and not shared with any other organisation.
- The Lily Mae Foundation is PCI Compliant. This ensures that you and your data are protected as customers and will not be shared with any other third parties.
- We shall use the email address that you give to contact you with important information about the Fun Run. Please ensure it is able to receive our emails.
- Please add BCFR2021@lilymaefoundation.org to your email list to accept all emails.
- Your photo may be taken by The Balsall Common Fun Run Organisers or our agents and displayed on this website or elsewhere.
- Parents should be aware that entering their child in our event may result in images appearing in newspapers or websites.
- If you or your child are a winner, photos may be taken and names may be published.
- Ariel and video filming will be used at the Balsall Common Fun Run 2021. Please be aware that there will be a UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicles UAVs) around the school field and the start and finish lines. The safe use of drones is covered by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA). This code considers and reflects the wider regulatory environment, in consideration of our guests and staff. When using, or intending to use surveillance systems for recording purposes, as an organisation we consider our obligations in relation to the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA), Data Protection Act (DPA), the Human Rights Act 1998 (HRA), the Surveillance Camera Code of Practice (SCCP) issued under the Protection of Freedoms Act (POFA), in addition to the Sexual Offences Act (SOA). The safe use of drones is covered by various legislation which The Lily Mae Foundation have fully considered, and work to a Code of Practice. The safety and welfare of our guests and staff is paramount.