Balsall Common Fun Run 2018
September 23£6 – £35.00
The 5th Annual Balsall Common Fun Run is now Licensed by UK Athletics and is taking place on Sunday 23 September 2018. The Fun Run will start and finish at The Heart of England School, Balsall Common, Solihull CV7 7FW, and participants can choose to take part in either of the 5KM or 10KM events.
Our slogan for 2018 is “Walk | Jog | Run | Race” and we welcome people of all ages and abilities. We hope everyone who is not participating will come out of their houses and cheer you on as you pass.
Timing chips will be used again in 2018. Tempo Events who offer a comprehensive Timing Chip Service using ‘state of the art ‘UHF (Ultra High Frequency) timing chip equipment will be timing the event. This will enable us to publish full and reliable results within two hours after the final runner finishes.
The Balsall Common Fun Run 2018 is working closely with Balsall Common Run Club (England Athletics Affiliated Club) to have the 10KM run added to the Warwickshire Road Race League in 2019. For this reason we are offering a runner discount to those runners who have an Athletics Registration Number for the 10KM run ONLY!
There are no affiliated runner discounts for 5KM runners in 2018. Please note that currently The Balsall Common Fun Run 2018 is not a part of the Warwickshire Road Race League.
Terms and Conditions for all entries to The Balsall Common Fun Run 2018
It is very important that you read all the following terms and conditions before entering.
- For the safety and enjoyment of all, a maximum of 2000 entries across all categories will be accepted in 2018.
- Registration will end when either the maximum number of entries has been received or on Wednesday 19 September 2018; whichever is soonest [no online entries will be accepted after 19 September 2018]
- A limited number of entries will be accepted on the day of the Balsall Common Fun Run. However, the organisers may not be able to provide a timing chip.
- Entries will be accepted on a first to register, first to run or walk basis.
- Please note once your registration is accepted, your entry is not transferable to another entrant. [In exceptional circumstances and at the discretion of the Event Director, your place may be transferred to another entrant of the equivalent category and a charge of £5 will be administered before the transfer of details are undertaken].
- If your on-line entry is accepted, your entry fee adults 5KM and 10KM is £15.00 | Affiliated Club Runner 10KM is £13.00 | Juniors 5KM is £10.00 | Family 5KM ONLY is £35.00 | Mini Fun Runs [with a T-Shirt] is £6.
- Mini Fun Run entries on Fun Run day will be accepted but WILL NOT include a T-Shirt. On the day entries will cost £5 for all Mini Fun Runners.
- All entry fees are non-refundable.
- Mini Runs start from 11.00am.
- 5KM and 10KM runs start at 12noon.
- If you are an affiliated club runner you will receive a discount for the 10KM run ONLY! You must provide your Athletics registration number. This will be checked against the England Athletics database after your entry has been received.
- There are no affiliated runner discounts for 5KM runners in 2018.
- Team Entries: All teams, Adults and Juniors are made up of 4 runners and can be single or mixed sex.
- Each member of the team must run the same distance [all 5KM or all 10KM].
- We will not accept teams with less than or more than 4 runners and those who wish to run different distances.
- Team entries for Junior runners will only be applicable for the 5KM run.
- Juniors can be part of an Adult 5KM Team but will not be accepted as part of a 10KM team.
- Entries for the Mini Fun Run with a T-Shirt will close on Wednesday 12 September 2018 to enable the organisers to process your T-Shirt order.
- T-Shirt orders will be available for collection on the day of the Fun Run. More information will be provided in your event information pack.
- You will be emailed an official receipt once your on-line registration has been accepted.
- Your event information pack will be emailed to you before the Fun Run and no later than 19 September 2018. If you do not receive this by 19 September please email the organisers at ‘BCFR2018@lilymaefoundation.org’. Please do not request this information any earlier than this date.
- Your official entry number & timing chip will be available for collection from 9.30am on Fun Run day. Details will be sent within your event information pack on how to collect.
- On-line applications for the Mini runs and Junior runners & all entrants under the age of 18 must be completed by an adult. In doing so, that adult accepts full responsibility for payment of the entry.
- In completing your registration, you confirm that you are medically fit to participate in either the 5KM or 10KM event.
- On safety grounds, all Junior entrants [Under the age of 16] – without exception – must assemble and start from the Junior/Family Assembly area at the start line. Marshals will guide you to this zone on the day.
- Adults who wish to start with Juniors may assemble and start with them in the Junior/Family Assembly area.
- All participants and spectators may be filmed, photographed or recorded for broadcast, security and health and safety purposes.
- You enter the Balsall Common Fun Run entirely at your own risk and the organisers will not be held responsible for any injuries sustained by you or for any property lost before, during or after the event.
- Remember that you can nominate a charity, voluntary organisation or community interest group to receive the money you raise in sponsorship.
- Whilst The Lily Mae Foundation organises the Balsall Common Fun Run, you do not have to raise money for the Foundation. If you choose to raise money for the Foundation you can download a sponsor form from www.lilymaefoundation.org
- You agree to support and pay all sponsor money raised by you offline, to your nominated charity, voluntary organisation or community interest group.
- All on-line fundraising through Virgin Money Giving or JustGiving will go directly to your nominated charity’s bank account.
Data Protection & Photographs
- Entering the event requires your personal details. The Lily Mae Foundation will not pass this information on to any third party.
- When entering, you agree to your email address being added to our email database which is used exclusively by us and not shared with any other organisation.
- The Lily Mae Foundation is PCI Compliant. This ensures that you and your data are protected as customers and will not be shared with any other third parties.
- We shall use the email address that you give to contact you with important information about the Fun Run. Please ensure it is able to receive our emails.
- Please add ‘BCFR2018@lilymaefoundation.org’ to your email list to accept all emails.
- Your photo may be taken by The Balsall Common Fun Run Organisers or our agents and displayed on this website or elsewhere.
- Parents should be aware that entering their child in our event may result in images appearing in newspapers or websites.
- If you or your child are a winner, photos may be taken and names may be published.