Baby Loss Awareness Week
9th - 15th October 2023
We are here for you this Baby Loss Awareness Week
Baby Loss Awareness Week, October 9th - 15th 2023 is a time for bereaved parents and families from all over the world to commemorate the lives of their babies and share the memories of their angels that were taken too soon. This week allows baby loss communities to come together to raise awareness, provide support, and remember.
There are plenty of ways you can get involved with BLAW this year, from candle light services, your local wave of light to memorial walks or perhaps your own personal way of honouring your baby during this week.
Below you can find a list of events the Lily Mae Foundation is involved in this year.
1. The Lily Mae Foundation will be marking Baby Loss Awareness Month by providing beraved parentds and families with an opportunitiy ti decirate a pebble at St Mary's Church, Temple Balsall. These pebbles can be decorated and placed under the tree of remembrance
2. The Lily Mae Foundation Wave of Light Service: St Mary's Church Temple Balsall - Sunday 15th October 2023. Arrival 6:30pm to be seated by 6:45pm with the lighting of candles to start at 7pm
3. University Hospitals Birmingham Service: Held on Sunday 8th October 2023 at 2pm. If you would like to attend, please contact the Bereavement Team on 0121 424 2088. This is not essential, you are welcome to just turn up. Location: St Barnabas Church Centre, B23 6SY
4. Birmingham Women's Hospital Service: Sunday 8th October 2023 at 3pm. The service takes place at St Peter's Church Harborne, B17 0BB.
5. UHCW Baby Loss Awareness Service: Wednesday 11th October 2023 at 10:30am at the Faith Centre.
6. Knowle Parish Church Service: Wednesday 11th October 2023 at 8:00pm.
7. Worcester Hospital Service: Saturday 14th October 2023 at 2pm at St Peter's Baptist Church WR5 3TZ.
8. Coventry Cathedral Baby Loss Remembrance Service: Sunday 15th October 2023 at 2pm
9. Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust Service: Sunday 15th October 2023 at 1pm at Pelsall Community Centre WS3 4BQ
BUILDINGS LIT UP FOR BLAW 2023
Sunday 15th October 2023 at 7pm, the following buildings will be lit up in blue and pink in honour of Baby Loss Awareness Week:
Birmingham Central Library
HSBC Birmingham Headquarters
If you want to read more about Baby Loss Awareness Week you can check out our Blog post by clicking below